DIY Recycled Bunny
This is a great way to educate people about recycling. Make something pretty with a First Choice Milk Carton! It doesn’t stop there, find out about recycling drop-off points in your area. (check out the app at the bottom of the page)
You will need:
- A bunny outline (printed on cardboard – basically two circles, a tail and ears)
- Box cutter (careful now!)
- Compass (drawing kind)
- Ball of Tarn
- Scissors (careful, we said!)
- Blue cardboard
- White cardboard (large)
- Decent working area
- Empty 6 x 1.5l First Choice milk carton
1. Using the box cutter, trim the edges from the First Choice milk carton, leaving a lovely central canvas. Now use the compass and draw a nice circle around the First Choice cow. Carefully cut out the circle with scissors.
2. Using the scissors, gently cut out the bunny shape. Feel free to whistle while you do this. We won’t judge.
3. Place your pretty bunny on the First Choice carton and outline the upper bunny shape with a pencil. Let the scissors do their magic.
4. You should now have your First Choice carton in two pieces: the upper part (with head and ears) and the lower circle (the bunny’s bum-bum).
5. Glue the two pieces together so that they slightly overlap.
6. Glue your First Choice bunny on the white cardboard. Trace an outline (about 5 milimeters outside the bunny) and cut out your new shape. Us Tarn and blue cardboard to decorate your bunny.
7. Et Voila! If your bunny doesn’t look anything like this, don’t fret – it’s just for fun and, besides, it’s your bunny – you do what you wanna!