Don’t trifle your time away, use this quick recipe to save the day!
- 1 x loaf store-bought Madeira sponge, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp. sherry or flavoured syrup
- 250ml First Choice Velvet Dessert Vanilla
- 300g fresh berries
- 250ml First Choice Velvet Dessert Chocolate
- 250ml First Choice cream
- 2 tsp icing sugar, sifted
- 80g dark chocolate
- Place the sponge in the bottom of the trifle dish.
- Drizzle sherry/syrup over the sponge and pour in the First Choice Velvet Dessert Vanilla.
- Top with berries.
- Pour the First Choice Velvet Dessert Chocolate over the berries and place in the fridge.
- In a bowl whisk together the First Choice cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks form (making sure not to over beat).
- Gently spoon the First Choice cream over the First Choice Velvet Dessert Chocolate layer and place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Grate the dark chocolate and scatter over the top of the trifle before serving.
- Serve chilled.
- Serves 8