Butternut Butterscotch Puffs
Butternut Butterscotch Puffs – We know, it’s a mouth full… a mouth full of deliciousness! This recipe can be used as a side dish, or even as a dessert.
Ingredients – Puffs
- 1 Cup cooked butternut
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup self-raising flour
- 5 ml baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
Ingredients – Sauce
- 500 ml First Choice Velvet
- 1/4 cup First Choice Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
Method – Puffs
- Cook butternut & cool.
- Beat egg and butternut together.
- Add flour & baking powder and mix well.
- Fry teaspoon size scoops of butternut mixture in hot oil until golden brown.
Keep the butternut puffs small, to ensure that each puff is cooked. For best results, place puffs directly into sauce after cooking!
Method – Sauce
- In a saucepan, heat up 500 ml of First Choice Velvet (Butterscotch).
- Add First Choice butter & sugar and stir
- Bring to the boil and then switch off the heat.