Use your First Choice Vanilla Velvet to whip up a delicious treat for your guests – a gluten-free roulade. Preheat your oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4 and get your ingredients together!
- 4 eggs separated
- 115g caster sugar
- 115g plain chocolate , melted and and cooled
- 1tsp instant coffee granules, dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water, cooled
- icing sugar, to decorate
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- fresh raspberries, to serve
- Vanilla First Choice velvet – 250 ml
- Line a 23 x33 cm swiss roll pan with non-stick baking parchment. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale and mousse-like.
- Fold in the chocolate, then melted coffee.
- Place the eggs whites in a clean bowl and whisk until stiff but not dry.
- Stir a little off the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the remainder.
- Pour into the pan and bake in preheated oven 180 C/ 350F / Gas Mark 4, for 15-20 min, or until firm.
- Cover the tin with a damp tea towel and set aside for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Store the First Choice Velvet in the fridge for at least two hours before use or chill in the freezer for an hour before use.
- Pour 250 ml into a mixing bowl and whisk until fluffy and mousse-like.
- To assemble the roulade, cut a sheet of waxed paper larger than the roulade, place on a work surface and sift icing sugar over it.
- Turn the roulade out onto the paper and peel away the lining paper.
- Spread the filling over the roulade and roll up from the short side nearest to you.
- Transfer the dish. seam-side down. Chill for two hours then serve with Strawberries.