Add these quick steps when preparing your mashed potatoes, and make your meal amazing!
Ingredients for Mashed Potatoes
- 5 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons First Choice® butter
- 1/8 cup First Choice® Skim milk
- Fill a medium size saucepan half full of water, and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes to pot; the water should cover the potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are easily pierced by a fork. Drain. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Add butter or margarine and milk, and mash with a potato masher. When well mashed, whip for a minute or two with an electric mixer set on medium speed.
Switch it up even more by adding some roasted garlic or chives to your cooked mashed potatoes.